httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <sebastien.allam...@orange.com>
Subject RE: Apache mod_proxy DNS management
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:53:50 GMT
Hi Jie,

I'm based on Unix RedHat system, but seams that nscd is not enabled, I will try it.

thanks

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jie Gao [mailto:J.Gao@sydney.edu.au]
Envoyé : lundi 11 mars 2013 10:55
À : dev@httpd.apache.org
Objet : Re: Apache mod_proxy DNS management

Hi Sébastien

That seems to be an issue of your OS, which should be able to hold a DNS cache, through mechanisms
such as "nscd" on UNIX-like systems.

Regards,

Jie

Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary.

* sebastien.allamand@orange.com <sebastien.allamand@orange.com> wrote:

> Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:39:27 +0100
> From: sebastien.allamand@orange.com
> To: "dev@httpd.apache.org" <dev@httpd.apache.org>
> Subject: Apache mod_proxy DNS management
>
> Hi All,
>
> I've got a server configured in ReverseProxy Mode, that forward requests towards several
backends named with their proper names.

> It appears that the DNS Lookup is done for each requests, generating a very load traffic
on my DNS servers...

> Is there a way to configure apache so that we can parameter Caching the DNS resolution
for specific time ?

> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Sébastien

> confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc pas etre diffuses,
> exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message
> par erreur, veuillez le signaler a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes.
Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration, France Telecom - Orange decline
toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

> This message and its attachments may contain confidential or
> privileged information that may be protected by law; they should not be distributed,
used or copied without authorisation.
> If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message
and its attachments.
> As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have
been modified, changed or falsified.
> Thank you.

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler
susceptibles d'alteration,
France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou
falsifie. Merci.

be protected by law;