httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.4 as GA
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:03:47 GMT
On 19.02.2013 04:35, Noel Butler wrote:

> Builds fine but operation now fails on all mysql auths  (included APR
> problem from -deps ??)
> reports: APR-util Version: 1.5.1
>
> [Tue Feb 19 13:16:33.487932 2013] [auth_basic:error] [pid 24811:tid
> 2996689776] [client xxxxxxxxxxx] AH01617: user noel: authentication
> failure for "/": Password Mismatch
>
> This is browser stored password , cleared, entered still fails,
> different browser, same, fails

Could you please apply the following patch:

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/aaa_debug_2_4_4.patch

The patch adds debug output to mod_auth_basic and mod_authn_dbd.

Note that the output will contain the hashed password retrieved form the
database, but not the password send from the browser.

To activate the output, you would have to increase the log level for
those two modules, e.g. if you are usually using LogLevel info, you
would now use:

LogLevel info auth_basic:trace8 authn_dbd:trace8

The output should allow us to clarify, whether the denied actually came
from authn_dbd and what the return code of the apu password check was.

I checked whether the patch compiles fine, but haven't tested it, so
careful if applying to production.

Thanks!

Rainer