httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Smith <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: Building binaries and 3rd party dependencies
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 18:29:53 GMT
On 2/15/2013 12:33 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 14:26:33 -0800
> Gregg Smith<gls@gknw.net>  wrote:
>> mod_fcgid alleviates both compiler/OpenSSL problems since it's
>> running php in it's own process true,  but at the cost of speed. I'm
>> not sure I would consider that "optimal," but it works!
> I'd like to counter some FUD - do you have a scrap of data to back
> up your claim?  Not a single PHP project member still endorses the
> mod_php plan as superior to a well balanced set of sapi-fcgi php
> client workers on unix.  Why Win32 folks think they would be special
> is beyond me.  Every dev I personally collaborate with, who measured
> performance, is solidly behind fcgid on Windows as well, except for
> a few PHP-Win32 project team participants.  I really am not sure
> what this is about, politically, but I'd love to see your data and
> test bench configuration.

Nothing political, it was from experience of years past when I was
handed a benchmark script. I am eating crow here as I see nothing
different when using fcgid from my test years ago. I am seeing different
results in mod_php and not for the better. So it seems today they're
even speed wise, both completed at the same time. In years past when I
ran this script I had much different results.

I have now seen new light.

Gregg