httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kalu┼ża <jkal...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.4 adoption
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 07:47:00 GMT
On 02/06/2013 01:47 AM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> I won't be able to make the session but would add that because of a lack
> of mod perl support with 2.4, we have not fully embraced it.

I have created lot of patches to build mod_perl with httpd-2.4 and sent
them upstream. Unfortunately during the last year, there was nobody to
review them or comment them. Few hours ago I've even ported new auth API
to mod_perl and I'm going to send it upstream too. There were also
people who offered their help on mod_perl mailing list with no response.

Yesterday I have asked in mod_perl IRC channel to get the commit
permissions so I could merge my patches with their (really old and
unusable with current httpd-2.4) httpd24 branch and they agreed. Now I'm
waiting for mail from PMC to get the permissions.

The problem is that I have little experience with Perl or mod_perl. I'm
trying to improve current situation, but I don't want to be the
upstream, because I'm not active mod_perl (or even Perl) user.

So to sum it up, I think the only reason why there's no mod_perl for
httpd-2.4 is that there are no people who would have time (or be
interested) in maintaining it.

Maybe there is someone here who loves that project so much that he could
actually help maintaining it?

Regards,
Jan Kaluza