httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail T." <mi+t...@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject Re: Can a module find out, whether another module is present?
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 00:21:41 GMT
On 05.02.2013 19:05, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> So the section of documentation you quote appears to support what I am saying
> that Tcl_Finalize() still needs to be called. After the module is loaded and
> initialised again, then Tcl_Init(), or whatever is used to create it again,
> would be called to start over and allow new instance of interpreter to be
> setup in parent process before new child processes are forked.
I do not think, Tcl_Init can (officially) be called after Tcl_Finalize. The
function is meant only for situations, when libtcl (or a shared library using
it) is itself being unloaded (think dlclose()).
> As I asked before, is this being done in the Apache parent process or only in
> the child processes? If it is all only going on in the child processes, the
> point I am making is moot, but if the interpreter is being initialised in the
> Apache parent process before the fork, then it would be relevant.
I don't see, why Tcl would be initialized in the main process. If it is, that's,
probably, a bug in itself.

But I'll await a response from mod_rivet maintainers.

    -mi