httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.4 rewritebase
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 21:16:55 GMT
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 21:53:16 +0100
Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:

> On 18.02.2013 21:47, Rainer Jung wrote:
> > On 18.02.2013 21:36, Eric Covener wrote:
> >
> > The regression in 2.2.23 is that RewriteBase started to get merged
> > in 2.2.23. It wasn't before. This seems to have broken certain
> > setups. PR 53963.
> >
> > Eric has provided a "RewriteOptions MergeBase" which is off by
> > default (no more merging) and allows to switch the bahvior on if
> > wanted. The first impl of that had a bug, which is why we had a
> > last minute change to it today.
>
> Two more data points for 2.2:
>
> - the merging of RewriteBase was a side effect of
>
>   *) mod_rewrite: Fix the RewriteEngine directive to work within a
>      location. Previously, once RewriteEngine was switched on
> globally, it was impossible to switch off.
>
> - the commit was r1375113

Technically the fix appears correct, when compared to the initial
patch.  I would rather not race through this without one more folk
to test out this change, needs not be a committer, I just added a
beg on PR 53963 for review (there seem to be three watchers right
now).  I'll tag and roll an 1.25 hrs from now so you are welcome
to do the backport honors Rainer... then hopefully nobody raises
the red flag before I lay down that tag.