httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Can a module find out, whether another module is present?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 21:37:30 GMT
On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 16:04:13 -0500
"Mikhail T." <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> What is the official way for a module to check, whether another module (known by
> name) is loaded and, if so, whether its hooks (cleanup in particular) will be
> invoked before or after those of the inquirer?
>
> I don't need to affect the order -- I just need to figure out, what it is...
> Thanks! Yours,

You can of course fine-tune the order, to specify your module's hooked
functions run before or after another module's.

But in general, querying another module, or knowing anything about
its cleanups, would be a violation of modularity.  If it's legitimate
for a module to expose its inner workings, it can do so by exporting
an API.

Why the questions?  Are you writing two modules that relate closely
to each other?

--
Nick Kew