httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Apache 2.4 adoption
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 22:44:43 GMT
I've found the following data summary very useful in terms of
drill-down capability;

http://w3techs.com/technologies/details/ws-apache/2.2/all
http://w3techs.com/technologies/details/ws-apache/2.4/all

while their breakdown/segmentation tabulations provide some
interesting data such as;

http://w3techs.com/technologies/breakdown/ws-apache/operating_system

The very limited 'free' tabulation remaining from SecuritySpace
seems to back up this assessment;

http://www.securityspace.com/s_survey/data/201301/servers.html

There seems to be a worthwhile discussion about the challenges
presented by 2.4 which have adversely affected its adoption,
during the ApacheCon Hackathon Mon 2/25 in Portland.  I'd like
to set aside time about 11am for that discussion for anyone who
wants to participate.

Once we take away some good information from that roundtable,
it would be worthwhile to hold a BoF later in the week especially
for end users who are looking at or challenged by adopting 2.4.