httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eirik Lygre <>
Subject Re: Bug using authnz_ldap_module with Microsoft LDAP SDK and ldaps (secure ldap)?
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 23:50:58 GMT
Eric Covener wrote
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Eirik Lygre &lt;

> eirik.lygre@

> &gt; wrote:
>> We have been trying to set up Apache on Windows with ldaps (ssl)
>> authentication, using apr-util compiled with the Microsoft ldap sdk.
>> I believe I have identified a bug in the interaction between httpd
>> (util_ldap.c) and apr-util which makes this combination impossible. This
>> email is an attempt to explain the problem and get a second set of eyes
>> on
>> this. If people agree that this is / might be a bug, I'll file the proper
>> issue and take it from there.
>> Does the below sound like a reasonable analysis? Am I missing something?
> seems to make sense, were you able to test the mod_ldap side of the
> change, or is the rebuild a problem?

The number of moving parts needed to build it all was a bit daunting, so
it's all theory, I'm afraid. If anybody with a working build setup could add
the required if-test and build a version, I'd be more than willing to test
and verify it all.

Sent from the Apache HTTP Server - Dev mailing list archive at

View raw message