httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject chunked trailers input filter processing by ap_http_filter should be documented
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2013 16:05:34 GMT
So ap_http_filter winds up calling ap_get_mime_headers
once it recognizes that the request body has finished,
to process the trailing headers on chunked requests.
This is actually a strange thing to do, because it means
ap_http_filter winds up calling ap_get_brigade on
r->input_filters with AP_MODE_GETLINE set, right in the middle of an
existing ap_get_brigade sequence on the filter chain.
In other words, this recursion only works if all
post-protocol filters are written to punt on processing
AP_MODE_GETLINE invocations- this is what we need to
document somewhere if we don't want to fix the code.

It would be logically better if there were a way to pass a
ap_filter_t argument to ap_get_mime_headers so ap_http_filter
didn't need to reach backwards in the input filter chain just
to finish its HTTP protocol handling.