httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Welly Madya Putra Tambunan <Welly.Tambu...@petrolink.com>
Subject Apache Web Socket Support
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 03:20:29 GMT
Hi Guys,

I'm a new member of this mailing list and interested knowing is there any
plan supporting Websocket for Apache ?

Based on my search, i found a module to do this, but it isn't updated yet.

https://github.com/disconnect/apache-websocket

Any chance that the module will be included in Apache ?

Also i found in StackOverflow conversation that Apache httpd wasn't design
to maintain persistent connection, is that true ?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11334320/using-websocket-on-apache-server

I need help from you guys, wheter i should continue using Apache websocket
module or using separate websocket server.

Cheers

Welly Tambunan

.NET Software Developer
Petrolink Services Indonesia
Office Phone     : +62 21 252 2203
Indonesia Cell  : +62 812 8421 0208
Fax                       : +62 21 252 2205

This email is the property of Petrolink International. This transmission
may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained
herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If you received this transmission in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer immediately. Thank you