httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Web Socket Support
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 11:58:03 GMT
On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Welly Madya Putra Tambunan
<Welly.Tambunan@petrolink.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm a new member of this mailing list and interested knowing is there any
> plan supporting Websocket for Apache ?

There has not been a lot of interest on this list. Do you want to
proxy websockets or terminate websockets in Apache?

> Based on my search, i found a module to do this, but it isn't updated yet.
> https://github.com/disconnect/apache-websocket
>
> Any chance that the module will be included in Apache ?

There has been no discussion of this particular module.

> Also i found in StackOverflow conversation that Apache httpd wasn't design
> to maintain persistent connection, is that true ?
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11334320/using-websocket-on-apache-server

This doesn't really make much sense as HTTP uses persistent connections.