httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jail...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Potential NULL pointer deference in module/arch/netware/mod_nw_ssl.c
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 22:26:14 GMT
Hi,

cppCheck complains about a potential NULL pointer deference in
module/arch/netware/mod_nw_ssl.c
In function 'ssl_io_filter_Upgrade' we have, line 1165 :

     if (r) {
     }
     else {
         ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_ERR, 0, r->server, APLOGNO(02131)
         ...                                     ^_________
     }

If we get here, r is NULL.
Moreover, r-> has already been used before in the function. Should r be
NULL, we would already have crashed.

I'm not sure of the way to fix it and have no way to test it, so I just
report it here for your attention.

I think we should either:
     - rearrange the code in order to test for r==NULL at the beginning
     - just have an ASSERT at the beginning of the function
     - drop the 'if/else' if the else case can not happen

Best regards,
CJ