httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Time to rewrite/rethink modules.apache.org?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 19:18:54 GMT
On 01/24/2013 08:11 PM, Helmut Tessarek wrote:
> On 22.01.13 17:29 , Daniel Gruno wrote:
>> works (it's actually nearly completed already, you can see it at
>> http://modules.humbedooh.com/ - do try it out), and as such, I'd like to
>
> Looks nice.
>
> 2 comments though:
>
> 1) If you browse the modules and click on a tag, you can't reset it. You can
> only switch to a different/new tag, but you can't unset the tag you selected.
>
> 2) Something wrong with the search algorithm. If you search for 'nz' (w/o the
> quotes), you get the following result:
>
> mod_authz_dynamic
> mod_authnz_subrequest
>
> There is no 'nz' in 'mod_authz_dynamic'.
>
> Cheers,
>   Helmut

Although you could just click on 'browse modules' again, I'll take your
suggestion into consideration :) Perhaps clicking the green tag button
should just reset to 'no tags'

As for the search, you're not just searching the module names, you're
also searching the description of the modules. There appears to be a
typo in the longer description of mod_authz_dynamic, erroneously
claiming its name to be 'mod_authnz_dynamic', which is why it turns up
when you search for 'nz' (or 'authnz').

We can discuss changing what exactly is being searched when a user enter
a string, but perhaps such issues of fine tuning the engine is better
put to purpose in a separate thread when the site has migrated and is
free of any bugs that may be there.

With regards, and thanks for your suggestion and review,
Daniel.