httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Time to rewrite/rethink modules.apache.org?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:29:32 GMT
On 01/21/2013 01:02 AM, Nick Kew wrote:

> On 19 Jan 2013, at 23:26, Daniel Gruno wrote:
>
>> Hello dear dev@,
>>
>> I'd like to propose that we rewrite and rethink modules.apache.org.

<snip>

As suggested by a fellow ASFer, I am going to play this a bit hard and
fast, as not a lot of people really care that much about the old site in
its current state. A replacement site for modules.apache.org is in the
works (it's actually nearly completed already, you can see it at
http://modules.humbedooh.com/ - do try it out), and as such, I'd like to
propose we make the switch from the old site to the new, and start
afresh with the database, as it's very lacking in its current state.
Once this is done, anyone with an interest in further developing the
site is most welcome to contact me, and we'll start hashing out what
remains to be done (I can always think of new things to add, such as
Nick's suggestion about DOAP files, possibly supporting multiple Apache
projects etc).

This will be done by lazy consensus; If I hear no complaints within the
next 72 hours, I will consider the subject agreed upon and start
upgrading the site to the new system. So, if you do have objections, I
suggest you let them be heard :) But please do try out the new system
before you make up your mind - it's got lots of improvements, both for
visitors and module authors.

With regards,
Daniel.