httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Balancer persist and inherit stuff in trunk
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 12:26:04 GMT
On 08.01.2013 17:09, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Rainer, does the below address your concern and make
> it OK that the current behavior acts the way it does
> and we're OK to keep it that way.

Yes sort of. We now know/remember why there are subtleties and since
some statistical counters are dual purpose - statistics/monitoring and
LB decision data it seems we need to give up a 100% consistency goal.
I'm OK with that as it is now.

Did you have a look at the other topic about the "Used" shm slot counter?

Regards,

Rainer

> On Jan 8, 2013, at 10:25 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeppers...
>>
>> actually, transferred and read *are* persisted, it's just
>> that the bytraffic lbmethod is smart enough to know that
>> when the config is changed, those counters need to
>> be reset and, by default, a restart is a "change".
>> Since elected is never used for any sort of lbmethod,
>> it never is reset and so the persist "holds".
>>
>> So the idea is that lbmethods should reset any potential
>> persisted values iff it makes sense for that lbmethod.
>> bytraffic resets transferred/read but byrequests doesn't,
>> for example.
>>
>> On Jan 8, 2013, at 9:49 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hold on a tic... let me go thru my notes. I seem to recall
>>> an issue I hit.

14, right?