httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: Password caching
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2013 07:42:01 GMT
On 05/01/2013 11:52, Igor Galić wrote:

> [...]

Igor, that is exactly what Stefan is says already happens with
mod_authn_socache, unless I grossly misread...

I'd be +1 allowing for a directive to hash the plaintext in socache, if
it wasn't the default.  I'd probably be +0 to it being the default, but
only because I don't see myself as having tuits to look closely enough
at shmcb cache to really understand the security implications for
myself; but if the sysadmin is already opt-ing in for any sort of
authentication caching, then (s)he already is aware of a hypothetical
chance for a security compromise on the system to some degree or another.

   Issac