httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2...@velox.ch>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1428184 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/acinclude.m4
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2013 07:58:48 GMT
On 04.01.2013 22:40, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> On Thursday 03 January 2013, Joe Orton wrote:
>>> Maybe the wording of pkg-config's "--static" option is somewhat
>>> misleading. It doesn't force linking against the static libs
>>> (i.e. lib{ssl,crypto}.a), but outputs the libraries from
>>> openssl.pc's Libs.private line instead.
>>
>> Yup.  Having httpd (mod_ssl/ab) link against whatever is listed in
>> Libs.private is the wrong default, it should be a special case for
>> the  handful of people who build custom OpenSSL libraries.
>
> Yes. Linking mod_ssl/ab with libz.so introduces spurious dependencies.
> Linux distributions would have to undo that change.

Ok, seems like I underestimated the effect of occasionally having one
or two "not directly needed" DT_NEEDED tags in mod_ssl.so... I was more
concerned about having an additional, clumsy (and hard-to-explain) option
in configure, but here we go:

  --enable-ssl-staticlib-deps
                          link mod_ssl with dependencies of OpenSSL's static
                          libraries (as indicated by "pkg-config --static").
                          Must be specified in addition to --enable-ssl.

Added in r1429228, 2.4.x backport proposal adapted.

Kaspar