httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: mod_macro has been added
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 13:56:37 GMT

On Jan 20, 2013, at 5:45 AM, Fabien wrote:

> Hello devs,
>
> I've been given the go to add mod_macro to httpd trunk, see r1435811.
>
> The module is in modules/core. There are English and French documentations and extensive
non regression tests. The module is compiled in with "most". It is fully independent, i.e.
I have not changed or modified core stuff for the module. I think it is safe and may be considered
for backporting to 2.4, as well as the "Warning" directive added some time ago.

Forwarding to docs for the few folks that pay more attention there than here.

> I'm not sure about how to advertise the use of the module. Possibly something in the
standard default configuration, maybe some carefully designed example macros could be defined
and use here and there to show how great that can be?

Lets put something in conf/extras with an as-simple-as-possible example in it, and a pointer
to the docs.

> Also, maybe some mention of the module should appear in "configuring" and "sections"
in the documentation?

I envision something, eventually, along the lines of the Rewrite recipe-style docs with howtos
for various scenarios. I haven't yet looked through the docs that are already provided, but
will do so this week and work on integrating it into the rest of the docs where it is relevant.
I expect that the vhost section is an obvious entry point, as that's where I see mod_macro
used most extensively in the wild.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen