httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: httpd -X: does it still work?
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2013 16:42:55 GMT
On Saturday 12 January 2013, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In theory, the -X flag is supposed to cause httpd to run a single
> worker, and not detach or fork. What I'm finding in v2.4 is that

you mean a single worker process, which may start many threads.

> despite the -X flag, httpd detaches anyway, and cranks up the full
> set of threads.
>
> Is this happening for anyone else, or just me?

Works for me. gdb does not say anything about detaching after fork.

If this is the RedHat httpd, maybe it does interesting things with
selinux? Or, if you use 2.4 and 'UnDefine DEBUG' in the config, that
could be a problem (-X just sets -DDEBUG).