httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1428184 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/acinclude.m4
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 11:20:44 GMT
On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 07:23:27AM -0000, kbrand@apache.org wrote:
> Author: kbrand
> Date: Thu Jan  3 07:23:27 2013
> New Revision: 1428184

> Log:
> Improve pkg-config usage for mod_ssl/ab:
>
> also use pkg-config for determining the -l flags (and fall back
> to a hardcoded default of "-lssl -lcrypto")
>
> add --static to pkg-config invocations, so that libraries for
> static linking are also taken into account (PR 54252 - note that
> the additional flags will only appear in modules/ssl/modules.mk
> and ab_LDFLAGS, so potential side effects are limited)

This is the wrong thing to do in 99% of cases and a static OpenSSL build
is the wrong thing to use in 99.99% of cases*, so it seems like a poor
default.  I'd rather see a new configure flag which does this for users
who really know what they are doing.  --with-static-openssl?

Regards, Joe

* stats courtesy of the hyperbole dept