On 05.12.2012 04:43, Graham Leggett wrote:
> In my case, for example, the CGI-invocation belongs to a completely different vhost than mod_rivet and websh…
Are the configurations for these expensive modules defined server wide? This could be an issue where other configuration is leaking into your virtual hosts, and is running when not necessary.
No, the modules are only configured inside the vhosts, where they are used -- and these happen to be different from the vhost, where I invoke the CGI.

But, it would seem, the modules' hooks are invoked simply because they are LoadModule-ed in...
-mi