httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Question about revision 1070179 (mod_cache) that has been reverted on 2.4.x but not on trunk
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 00:04:09 GMT
On 05 Dec 2012, at 12:02 AM, Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jaillet@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> On trunk, we can find at revision 1070179 (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&sortby=date&revision=1070179)
a patch which is about:

>    mod_cache: When a request other than GET or HEAD arrives, we must invalidate existing
>    cache entities as per RFC2616 13.10. PR 15868.
>
> This was part of version 2.3.x, so it is present both on what became 2.4.x branch and
what is actually trunk.

> However, this patch was reverted on 2.4.x at revision 1208384 (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&sortby=date&revision=1208384).
Apparently it is still present on trunk.

> I was wondering, if it should be reverted on trunk also ?

The discussion attached the commit covers this:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/apache/dev/395830?do=post_view_threaded#395830

The patch needs to be updated in line with httpbis p6, once that's done the issue can be resolved.
As to whether it could be backported to v2.4 I am not sure, if not we'd have to wait till
v2.6 for it.

Regards,
Graham