httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Funny suggestion
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 13:34:15 GMT
Another difference is that removal of as many mutexes as
possible, hopefully to also increase speed. I'm also looking
into folding some of the architecture concepts of Simple
into eventopt.

On Dec 6, 2012, at 2:46 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelfino@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Could you give a short overview of the differences between the "event" and "optimized
event" MPMs? I couldn't really figure out from a diff between the two (apart support for short-lingering-close,
log time zone formatting optimization, and use of skip lists to keep track of timers), and
couldn't find much discussion about it on the dev list. What else is optimized? and what performance
benefits would one get by switching to eventopt?