httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Win32 src bundles for Apache
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 21:32:50 GMT
On 12/18/2012 02:45 PM, Gregg Smith wrote:

> The difference between the win32 and unix sources are the line endings
> (Win's  vs. Unix's) and the .mak & .dep files. These make & dependency
> files have been exported from Visual C++ 6, which was the last version
> that would export them.
Apologies for the potentially dumb question, but how are the .mak & .dep
files exported?  I can understand that between 2.2.xx releases they are
perhaps okay, but if I wanted to figure out how to do a windows 2.4.x
build where there hasn't been a 2.4.x win32-src zip bundled already,
where would I get the appropriate .mak & .dep files?

Thanks,
Andy