httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1421184 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/docs/cgi-examples: printenv.vbs printenv.wsf
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 15:43:45 GMT
Hi Jeff,
Am 17.12.2012 16:00, schrieb Jeff Trawick:
> Here's a compromise.  Use 2.4.x/STATUS to see if you get two more votes
> to add the two new CGIs to the 2.4.x install.  If two other people
> agree, I'll be quiet.  I know these files are under docs, but changing
> code that gets installed should be voted on.  (Even a recent tweak to
> printenv went through STATUS.)
yes, and for this reason up to now I didnt yet change Makefile.win ;-)

> I don't think avoiding adding these new features requires removing the
> existing, similar ones, though I'm +1 for removing the existing ones
> from trunk.
I'm -1 for removing any samples cause I believe they are useful for 1st
testing of CGIs; but if we are going to remove them then I would like to
create a cgi-samples folder in svn tree and collect there these samples
and probably some more, and provide them also for download.

> Why can't a tiny example in the documentation show what is needed to
> have a script that httpd can execute?  The Windows platform
> documentation has a few comments about CGIs and the CGI tutorial
> documentation has a tiny amount of Windows information.  Somewhere in
> there is a reasonable place to document any Windows-specific issues in
> this area.
probably this is a good place; though I'm not that good with docu -
maybe Daniel has the mood to give it a try?

Gün.