httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1421184 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/docs/cgi-examples: printenv.vbs printenv.wsf
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:27:15 GMT
Hi Jeff,
Am 15.12.2012 15:00, schrieb Jeff Trawick:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 5:04 AM, <fuankg@apache.org
> <mailto:fuankg@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     Author: fuankg
>     Date: Thu Dec 13 10:04:51 2012
>     New Revision: 1421184

>     <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1421184&view=rev>
>     Log:
>     Added Windows CGI samples.
>
>     Added:
>          httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/docs/cgi-examples/printenv.vbs
>     (with props)
>          httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/docs/cgi-examples/printenv.wsf
>     (with props)
>

> I don't understand why we ship this.
>
> If some Windows user wants to find out how to write a CGI script in yet
> another language they can bing it.
>
> We have had a couple of very basic examples from the dark ages of the
> web, and that is MUCH more than enough IMO, particularly since these
> particular examples are information leaks as soon as somebody enables them.
my motivation for these was that the .vbs is like a counterpart to
test-cgi, and for the .wsf BZ 51359 to show that we dont need another
shebang test in the code. These samples are in-active same as printenv
and test-cgi (no active shebang), and if we trust that a Unix admin
knows what he does when he activates them why dont we trust a Windows
admin too?
If you think those samples are bad remove them again, but then please
also remove printenv and test-cgi which are basically same.

Gün.