httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Christophe JAILLET <>
Subject Re: ab: socket_timeout parameter "-s" (default: 30sec)
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:45:12 GMT
Le 16/12/2012 03:28, Guido Serra a écrit :
> Hi,
> I added a parameter to the utility Apache Benchmark (ab) to allow setting the socket
> is currently a hardcoded value at 30 seconds, and this is problematic on bad applications
> have a slight percentage of requests going above that threshold... or worse
Thank you for the patch and for the test results.

I've applied it on my own tree but not pushed yet on trunk.

You use a new -s switch. However, has it already
This was related to rudimentary https support.

*But* I don't find anything that look like that in the code or changelog
about this.

Does any one know when/if this option was already used and where this
rudimentary https support is ?
The only things I have is the use of port 443 if the scheme has https://.
Is there something I have missed ?

IMO, using the -s option for passing a timeout should be OK, as per the
proposed patch, and doc should be updated accordingly.

Best regards,

View raw message