httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1420377 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: docs/manual/mod/mod_lua.xml modules/lua/lua_apr.c modules/lua/lua_apr.h modules/lua/mod_lua.c
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 10:32:38 GMT
Hi Daniel,
Am 14.12.2012 11:17, schrieb Daniel Gruno:
> Thanks for the heads up, guys!
> I didn't receive Christophe's email, which is why I didn't put these
> fixes up till now. I will try to use that cppcheck program in the
> future, it seems very nice, and catches some things that my regular
> compiler warning settings don't. So thanks for that as well :)
you can also use maintainer mode when compiling which adds a bunch of
gcc flags which might spot some more issues where a normal build doesnt
even warn about.

BTW. on topic there's another small issue which you introduced a while
back (and it got even backported to 2.4.x already):
it makes no sense to set this define in mod_lua.h - it is still required
to build liblua 5.2 with the same define - otherwise you will get
linkage errors:
 > ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
 > #   Undefined symbol: luaL_openlib in
 > #   lua_apr.o
 > ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
 > #   Undefined symbol: luaL_openlib in
 > #   lua_config.o
 > ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
 > #   Undefined symbol: luaL_openlib in
 > #   lua_config.o
 > ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
 > #   Undefined symbol: luaL_openlib in
 > #   lua_request.o
 > ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
 > #   Undefined symbol: luaL_openlib in
 > #   lua_request.o
 > ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
 > #   Undefined symbol: luaL_openlib in
 > #   lua_request.o

so IMO the right solution would be to introduce a check for luaL_openlib
in config.m4 and disable the module if not present, and if present then
set the LUA_COMPAT_ALL via CFLAGS from config.m4 ...

Gün.