httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail T." <mi+t...@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject Are lookups in mod_rewrite's maps cached for the request?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 17:33:23 GMT
Suppose I have the following construct:

    RewriteCond    ${mymap:%1|NOT_FOUND}    !=NOT_FOUND
    # Store the lookup-result in environment variable "target":
    RewriteRule    -    -    [DP,E=target:${mymap:%1|NOT_FOUND}]

Note, that the key for lookup in map mymap is the same. How many map-lookups
will mod_rewrite perform? I'm hoping, only one...

Now, I know, that there are "maps" and "fastmaps" -- the latter caching the
lookup-results for ever. My question is about regular maps -- do they and, if
not, should not they, cache the lookup results for the duration of a request?

Thanks! Yours,

    -mi