httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail T." <mi+t...@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject Re: What happens, when a CGI program is invoked?
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 12:27:57 GMT
On 05.12.2012 04:43, Graham Leggett wrote:
>> >In my case, for example, the CGI-invocation belongs to a completely different
vhost than mod_rivet and websh…
> Are the configurations for these expensive modules defined server wide? This could be
an issue where other configuration is leaking into your virtual hosts, and is running when
not necessary.
No, the modules are only configured inside the vhosts, where they are
used -- and these happen to be different from the vhost, where I invoke
the CGI.

But, it would seem, the modules' hooks are invoked simply because they
are LoadModule-ed in...

    -mi