httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Fabien <fab...@apache.org>
Subject mod_macro into apache ?
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 08:57:34 GMT

Hello devs,

I have developed and maintained a small module called "mod_macro" since
1998. It is currently available at:

 	http://people.apache.org/~fabien/mod_macro/

I started it one day as was fed up with copy-pasting configuration
directives from one virtual host to the next and one directory to the
next. It includes Define/Use of configuration macro, as well as
Error/Warning macros. The code is fairly stable (14 years:-).

I would like to donate the code so that it could be integrated with apache
as a standard module. The main reason for that is that what is done is
some preprocessing that do not really belong to an external module, as the
right "configuration time" hooks do not exist, so I have to guess. If the
module was integrated in the configuration handling of apache, there would
be no need for "guessing", thus it could be cleaner. Moreover, I think
that such features should have been included with apache from the start.

--
Fabien