httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch>
Subject Re: Rethinking "be liberal in what you accept"
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 10:18:37 GMT
On Wed, 7 Nov 2012, Tim Bannister wrote:

> On 7 Nov 2012, at 11:26, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
>> If a method is not registered, bail out early.
> Good idea, but it would be nice to be able to use <Limit> or <LimitExcept>
to re-allow it.

I intended to add a directive to easily register custom methods (i.e. call
ap_method_register()). Do you think there is reason to allow arbitrary
methods, and not just a configured list of allowed ones?

About <Limit>/<LimitExcept>: I think they are inherently broken and won't
add any new functions to them. See e.g.

if you are interested in the why.

View raw message