httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: Rethinking "be liberal in what you accept"
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 13:34:38 GMT
On Wed, 7 Nov 2012, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Certainly once mod_lua is more "production ready", we could
> use that, couldn't we?

One could of course. But not everyone has lua, lua is slower than C, and
even doing it in a module instead of core is sometimes more work. For
example, currently we set r->protocol to "HTTP/1.0" even if the original
request contained junk. So a module would have to re-parse the whole
request line to get the protocol string sent by the client.

My goal is something that the vast majority of people would want to
activate, and would create pressure on manufacturers of clients that
cannot cope with it to fix their clients.