httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yehuda Katz <yeh...@ymkatz.net>
Subject Re: Volunteers to drive an MSI build
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:02:30 GMT
On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:35 AM, André Malo <nd@perlig.de> wrote:

> > You know that, and I know that. Jst as our Windows users know
> > they have no use for source code.
>
> The discussion is moot. The ASF will not provide binary software.

Is that a new policy? ASF has provided (i.e. made available on
httpd.apache.org distribution mirrors) Windows binaries of HTTPD for (I can
say every release, since I did not check, but you get the idea).
The last one released was on 30-Jan-2012 of
httpd-2.2.22-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8t.msi (see
http://www.us.apache.org/dist//httpd/binaries/win32/).
There are *still* NetWare binaries being built.