httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Rethinking "be liberal in what you accept"
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 13:58:07 GMT
On 07 Nov 2012, at 3:34 PM, Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de> wrote:

> One could of course. But not everyone has lua, lua is slower than C, and even doing it
in a module instead of core is sometimes more work. For example, currently we set r->protocol
to "HTTP/1.0" even if the original request contained junk. So a module would have to re-parse
the whole request line to get the protocol string sent by the client.

> My goal is something that the vast majority of people would want to activate, and would
create pressure on manufacturers of clients that cannot cope with it to fix their clients.

+1.

Perhaps a "strict mode" that defaults to off in 2.4, and on in 2.5+?

Regards,
Graham