httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Volunteers to drive an MSI build
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 01:11:16 GMT
Hey folks,
Am 27.11.2012 19:13, schrieb Eric Covener:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Igor Galić<i.galic@brainsware.org>  wrote:
>> just to revive this thread again, here's a current comment
>> thread to our documentation on:
>>
>>    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/windows.html#comment_502
>>

>> There's a couple of things to take away from this:
>>
>> * We made no announcements (on our website) that we're essentially
>>   dropping Windows support with 2.4 (until further notice)
>
> For posterities sake -- we haven't dropped Windows support.
>
> There just aren't (currently) contributed binaries or an installer
> posted on our website.  A note would be nice, binaries would be nicer,
> and an installer would probably be the nicest.
well, I cant really get this now; I psoted here 2 times, and Gregg did
post self: we have binaries available - just not msi but exe installer;
and Gregg has even 64-bit versions - why dont we get some feedback about
if we should put them out into release folder??
I believe these binaries are good enough to be released, and for the
installer I'd say: we change the default path to c:\apache24 which is
less trouble to handle on Vista and up, and see what we get on feedback
of the users ...
I would even be fine with only a zip archive with a batch file or script
for fixing up paths in the conf file and creating a service, and perhaps
we should offer that too ...

the only point to resolve is that Gregg cant do the releases self but
needs a PMC for signing and putting up the artifacts - but I'm willing
to assist with that once we get some agreement to put his stuff up.

Gün.