httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1414161 - /httpd/mod_mbox/trunk/module-2.0/mod_mbox_cte.c
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 14:23:50 GMT
On 27.11.2012 14:51, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 12:50:37 -0000
> rjung@apache.org wrote:
>

>> +    /* Special case "utf8": it is often unknown (no alias) */
>> +    if (!strcmp(charset, "utf8")) {
>
> charset was uppercased just before this (at least when called from
> within this source file), so a comparison to a lowercase string isn't
> useful!

There are two calls to this method, the other one comes from a different
file. That's the one that was frequently logged in the error log of the
ASF mail-archives server. The upper case version didn't show up there.
For consistency and because that might depend on the platform I now
included checks against both versions. I refrained from using
strcasecmp() because I don't expect mixed case here.

Regards,

Rainer