httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Smith <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: Volunteers to drive an MSI build
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 20:21:10 GMT
On 11/16/2012 12:08 PM, Gregg Smith wrote:
> On 11/14/2012 3:56 AM, Guenter Knauf wrote:
>> Am 14.11.2012 12:53, schrieb Guenter Knauf:
>>> I know that Gregg has 'something' which is not MSI but an EXE
>>> installer,
>>> but it works, and I asked already a while back if we should push this
>>> out, but there was no further interest / agreement here :-(
> The 'something' is Inno Setup.
> 'works' is relative to as much is completed so far.

Another 'something' is NSIS (Nullsoft) which has been picked up by
others and is over at sourceforge.
I used to use it a long time ago but had to give it up for Inno Setup
because it was dropped by the original author.
A nice thing about it is the use and availability of plugins to do a lot
of things even Inno cannot do. It's probably not as sharp a learning
curve as WIX. Of course, it would mean starting from scratch.

I will take inventory on this Inno Setup scripts and see what is left to
do here in a day or two.

Gregg