httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Gearls <nickgea...@gmail.com>
Subject Inserting a request in the middle of another one
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 11:31:44 GMT
Hello,

I'd like to insert a request in the middle of another one.

Example:
     request ------> httpd(proxy mode) ---------> web site
should become
     request ------> httpd(receive) --> external request --> httpd(send)
---------> web site

I obviously need to send my external request based on the received
request and modify it before proxying it based on the output of my
external request - otherwise it would be too simple ;-)

What would be the best approach?
I can write a module to send an external HTTP request, that's not a big
issue.
I can get all info from the originating request in httpd structures,
that's rather easy.
However, do I have any facilities to send/receive the HTTP external
request? I can send it with bare buckets, but I would need manually
parse the result; this would be heavy. Is there any easier way (like
using mod_proxy) to get some higher level access to the result headers
(for instance)?

Thanks

Nick