httpd-dev mailing list archives

From MATSUMOTO Ryosue <matsu1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_macro into apache ?
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 02:33:35 GMT
+1

2012/11/11 17:57、Fabien <fabien@apache.org> のメッセージ:

> Hello devs,
>
> I have developed and maintained a small module called "mod_macro" since 1998. It is currently
available at:

>    http://people.apache.org/~fabien/mod_macro/
>
> I started it one day as was fed up with copy-pasting configuration directives from one
virtual host to the next and one directory to the next. It includes Define/Use of configuration
macro, as well as Error/Warning macros. The code is fairly stable (14 years:-).

> I would like to donate the code so that it could be integrated with apache as a standard
module. The main reason for that is that what is done is some preprocessing that do not really
belong to an external module, as the right "configuration time" hooks do not exist, so I have
to guess. If the module was integrated in the configuration handling of apache, there would
be no need for "guessing", thus it could be cleaner. Moreover, I think that such features
should have been included with apache from the start.