httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: mod_macro into apache ?
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 21:40:41 GMT

On Nov 11, 2012, at 3:57 AM, Fabien wrote:

> I have developed and maintained a small module called "mod_macro" since 1998. It is currently
available at:

> 	http://people.apache.org/~fabien/mod_macro/
>
> I started it one day as was fed up with copy-pasting configuration directives from one
virtual host to the next and one directory to the next. It includes Define/Use of configuration
macro, as well as Error/Warning macros. The code is fairly stable (14 years:-).

> I would like to donate the code so that it could be integrated with apache as a standard
module.

+1

That would make me very happy.  It's one of the modules that I often in my talks encourage
people to install immediately and think of as a standard module. It would be awesome if it
really was.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com