httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1406719 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/log-message-tags/next-number include/http_core.h server/core.c server/protocol.c
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 18:57:37 GMT
On 7 Nov 2012, at 18:12, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2012, Graham Leggett wrote:
>
>>> New directive HttpProtocol which allows to disable HTTP/0.9 support.
>>
>> It feels wrong targeting 0.9 only, would it be possible to do this in a generic way,
say by listing the ones accepted, or by specifying a minimum?

> Any suggestions for a syntax? Maybe:
>
> HttpProtocol 1.1	# only 1.1
> HttpProtocol 1.0-	# 1.0 and above
> HttpProtocol 1.0-1.1	# 1.0 and 1.1
> HttpProtocol -1.0	# 1.0 and below

Does it need its own directive? How about a new environment variable and Require:

Require expr %{HTTP_PROTOCOL} -gt 1.1

I realise that won't work as things stand, because -gt only handles integers. Maybe another
binary operator could allow decimals?

NB. SERVER_PROTOCOL would not be suitable because the initial “HTTP/” makes it harder
to do math.

--
Tim Bannister – isoma@jellybaby.net