httpd-dev mailing list archives

From happy singh <happysinghsin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dev Digest 20 Oct 2012 13:58:41 -0000 Issue 3588
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 18:34:37 GMT
On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM, happy singh
<happysinghsingh7@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM,  <dev-digest-help@httpd.apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> dev Digest 20 Oct 2012 13:58:41 -0000 Issue 3588
>>
>> Topics (messages 76249 through 76249)
>>
>> Re: Want to contribute
>>         76249 by: Daniel Ruggeri
>>
>> Administrivia:

>> On 10/18/2012 1:26 AM, happy singh wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> My name is Harpreet Singh (hapie on IRC) and I am a c/c++ developer
>>> interested in contributing to httpd Apache project.
>>> I had a sound knowledge of c/c++ and wanted to contribute to httpd
>>> source code under some guidance of mentor.
>>> I am a computer science student in India and using linux OS from last
>>> 2 years because "linux is awesome".
>>>
>>> Please suggest me how to get started and provide some references to
>>> read about httpd project.
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Harpreet (hapie on IRC)
>>
>> Hello, Harpreet;
>>    Welcome! I would say the best way to jump in is to review the docs here:
>> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/
>>
>> From there, dig into the TODO sections found in the code or write
>> patches for functionality that you want to see added (paying attention
>> to the style guidelines). When you have a patch available, you can open
>> a bug in bugzilla for tracking and submit the patch there and to this
>> list. After a bit of conversation/tweaking, the patch may be accepted
>> and comitted to trunk by one of us committers or proposed for backport
>> in an existing branch in the STATUS file.
>>
>> --
>> Daniel Ruggeri

 Hi Daniel

 Thanks for the response. I am reading docs from past few days and was
 able to setup developing environment for apache. I had compiled example
 modules successfully and that were running fine.

 Can't I contribute in some ongoing project in httpd under some guidance.

 Regards
 Harpreet (hapie on IRC)