httpd-dev mailing list archives

From happy singh <happysinghsin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dev Digest 20 Oct 2012 13:58:41 -0000 Issue 3588
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 17:38:35 GMT
On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM,  <dev-digest-help@httpd.apache.org> wrote:

> dev Digest 20 Oct 2012 13:58:41 -0000 Issue 3588
>
> Topics (messages 76249 through 76249)
>
> Re: Want to contribute
>         76249 by: Daniel Ruggeri
>
> Administrivia:

> On 10/18/2012 1:26 AM, happy singh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> My name is Harpreet Singh (hapie on IRC) and I am a c/c++ developer
>> interested in contributing to httpd Apache project.
>> I had a sound knowledge of c/c++ and wanted to contribute to httpd
>> source code under some guidance of mentor.
>> I am a computer science student in India and using linux OS from last
>> 2 years because "linux is awesome".
>>
>> Please suggest me how to get started and provide some references to
>> read about httpd project.
>>
>> regards
>> Harpreet (hapie on IRC)
>
> Hello, Harpreet;
>    Welcome! I would say the best way to jump in is to review the docs here:
> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/
>
> From there, dig into the TODO sections found in the code or write
> patches for functionality that you want to see added (paying attention
> to the style guidelines). When you have a patch available, you can open
> a bug in bugzilla for tracking and submit the patch there and to this
> list. After a bit of conversation/tweaking, the patch may be accepted
> and comitted to trunk by one of us committers or proposed for backport
> in an existing branch in the STATUS file.
>
> --
> Daniel Ruggeri

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the response. I am reading docs from past few days and was
able to setup developing environment for apache. I had compiled example
modules successfully and that were running fine.

Can't I contribute in some ongoing project in httpd under some guidance.

Regards
Harpreet (hapie on IRC)