httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Ruggeri <>
Subject Re: Want to contribute
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 13:57:54 GMT
On 10/18/2012 1:26 AM, happy singh wrote:
> Hi,
> My name is Harpreet Singh (hapie on IRC) and I am a c/c++ developer
> interested in contributing to httpd Apache project.
> I had a sound knowledge of c/c++ and wanted to contribute to httpd
> source code under some guidance of mentor.
> I am a computer science student in India and using linux OS from last
> 2 years because "linux is awesome".
> Please suggest me how to get started and provide some references to
> read about httpd project.
> regards
> Harpreet (hapie on IRC)

Hello, Harpreet;
   Welcome! I would say the best way to jump in is to review the docs here:

>From there, dig into the TODO sections found in the code or write
patches for functionality that you want to see added (paying attention
to the style guidelines). When you have a patch available, you can open
a bug in bugzilla for tracking and submit the patch there and to this
list. After a bit of conversation/tweaking, the patch may be accepted
and comitted to trunk by one of us committers or proposed for backport
in an existing branch in the STATUS file.

Daniel Ruggeri

View raw message