httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Ruggeri <>
Subject Re: "Powered by" icon for httpd-2.4 needs update
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 14:25:55 GMT
On 10/4/2012 4:04 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
> Oh dear, I have to go against the bandwagon.
> I like pb2 best, by a clear margin.  The contrast to pb3 is that
> it separates the slogan visually from the name, which I find
> more comfortable.  Pb3 jars when the text "powered by ..."
> turns out not to trip off the tongue, and the merged/lowercase
> "httpd" looks like trying to hide the name.

And, just for grins, I'm against even that bandwagon :-)
While I totally get the idea that this is an ASF product, shouldn't
"httpd" be the part emphasized? Thinking along the lines of, "I drive a
Toyota <strong>Camry</strong>" rather the other way around of saying "I
drive a <strong>Toyota</strong> Camry"...

Therefore I like: (as it emphasizes httpd) (as it has
Apache but still gives emphasis to httpd)

Care to share sources? Maybe I can monkey around a bit with the logo to
see if I even like my the idea I mention above...

Daniel Ruggeri

View raw message