httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Zisis Lianas <Zisis.Lia...@consol.de>
Subject Re: Bug with "ProxyPass /" and mod_proxy_balancer + double-slashes (httpd-2.4.3)
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 15:07:46 GMT
Tom, thanks for your feedback.

The main difference between our configurations is that you do
ProxyPassReverse the single BalancerMember (http://app05/...),
which is also working for me - in my configuration I ProxyPassReverse
the "balancer://cluster". And this is the configuration which does
not work correctly.

So...
 ProxyPassReverse / http://app05/ => WORKS
 ProxyPassReverse / balancer://cluster/ => DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY

As documented the balancer://... ProxyPassReverse should work:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html#example

So I think this is a bug.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Evans" <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:40:18 PM
Subject: Re: Bug with "ProxyPass /" and mod_proxy_balancer + double-slashes (httpd-2.4.3)

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Zisis Lianas <Zisis.Lianas@consol.de> wrote:
> Also with the trailing slash the config does not work correctly,
> see attached logfile. Please keep in mind that this only happens
> if the backend returns a 301.
>
> Status from backend: 301
> Location: http://backend01.foo:5080/clusterjsp/
> [...]
> Response sent with status 301, headers:
> Location: http://mydomain.foo:8080//clusterjsp/
> [...]
> Request received from client: GET //clusterjsp/ HTTP/1.0

Only if your configuration is incorrect. The behaviour you are talking
about is solely concerned with how you have configured
ProxyPassReverse, which you have not shown. If you have incorrectly
matched '/'s on ProxyPassReverse, you will also have issues.

With ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse, if the first argument ends in a
slash, so should the second. Eg, straight from my production
httpd.conf:

<Proxy balancer://cluster>
    BalancerMember http://app05 retry=0
    BalancerMember http://app07 retry=0 status=+H
</Proxy>

ProxyPass / balancer://cluster/

ProxyPassReverse / http://app05/
ProxyPassReverse / http://app07/

This configuration works correctly in all cases.

Cheers

Tom