httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building the trunk
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 19:40:15 GMT
On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
> On 22 Sep 2012, at 19:20, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I checked out http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk into
>> srclib/apr, and then I ran buildconf, and then I tried to run
>> configure.
>
> I am not sure the apr-inside-srclib works any more.
>
> In theory, build apr-trunk and make install it to a directory with --prefix, then point
httpd at at by saying ./buildconf --with-apr=/path/to/apr-trunk

> Apr-uti-trunk was combined with apr-trunk a while back.
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> --

Just to tie this off: the fun here began with a message from buildconf:

You don't have a copy of the apr source in srclib/apr.
Please get the source using the following instructions,
or specify the location of the source with
--with-apr=[path to apr] :

   svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk srclib/apr

So, if srclib is no longer a good idea, I suppose that buildconf needs
a slight improvement. Anyway, mission accomplished.