httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building the trunk
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:45:35 GMT
On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dear dev,
>>>
>>> Graham asked me to test out a new feature of the form auth module. So,
>>> I checked out the trunk, and got into a bit of a tangle.
>>
>> Just as with httpd 2.4.x, use apr 1.x and apr-util 1.x with httpd trunk.]
>
> Well, configure told me to get the apr trunk :-) and configure no
> longer has --with-apr-util to locate it.

buildconf has some unhelpful messages amidst the logic to support
either apr1+aprutil1 or aprtrunk.  I guess you found some with
configure too, though this doesn't seem too specific to apr trunk:

./configure --with-included-apr
configure: error: Bundled APR requested but not found at ./srclib/.
Download and unpack the corresponding apr and apr-util packages to
./srclib/.

FWLIW, here's a way to build which can share apr/apr-util with other
applications (e.g., httpd 2.2 or 2.4):

./buildconf --with-apr=../apr-1.4.x --with-apr-util=../apr-util-1.4.x
./configure --with-apr=/path/to/aprinst --with-apr-util=/path/to/aprutilinst ...